A baby’s first year is full of so many amazing milestones! Every time they reach a new milestone, it’s a special occasion that deserves to be celebrated. And what better way to celebrate than with a milestone photo session? It’s also a fun way to get some beautiful photos of your baby that you can cherish for a lifetime. It also gives you a chance to really focus on your baby and capture them in their most natural and candid moments.
I generally suggest that my clients book a Newborn session + 3 months + 6 months + 9 months and 12 months (my absolute favorite) for a full coverage on baby's 1st year. Some families don't want to commit to 5 sessions in one year and choose to document Newborn + 6 months + 12 months. My services are tailored to your individual needs, so we can create the perfect set of photos for your baby.
If you're still on the fence or need a little push, here are 3 reasons why you SHOULD book milestone sessions for your baby.
Baby Peyton at his newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and one year sessions.
1. To see your baby grow and change - it's amazing how much babies grow and change in just a few short months. The tiny fingers and toes start to grow, the smallest of features start to gain shape and a new personality begins to form. A milestone photo session is a great way to document all those changes. Even though phones have come along way and are now equipped with wonderful cameras, nothing replaces professionally done photos that will be styled to be timeless.
Baby Holland at her Newborn session and her Cake smash/ one year milestone session.
2. To capture the bond between you and your baby - there's nothing quite like the bond between a parent and child. Although it's not a requirement, I always welcome and encourage parents and baby's siblings to join in at every session.
Baby Emma at her 3 month photo session. Baby Olivia at her one year/cake smash photo session. Baby Luca at his one year/cake smash photo session.
3. To capture your baby's precious firsts - from their first smile to their first steps, you'll want to remember everything about your baby's early days.
During your 3-month session, your baby will be smiling and cooing, will be able to hold objects and will already look so different from their newborn stage.
At 6 months, babies typically start to sit independently and are much more interactive. Not to mention all the giggles!
At 9 months of age, your baby will most likely be crawling, eating solid food and will enjoy more playtime with you, making this one of the most fun ages to photograph!
And lastly, their big milestone is at 12 months. They’re turning one and can now stand, pull themselves up, and some may even be walking. We get to have a cake smash and celebrate in a really fun - and messy! - photo session!
I am proud to be able to offer full service One year/Cake Smash sessions at my studio, which means:
- I will take care of making and installing a beautiful balloon garland in your choice of colors.
- I will order and pick up the cake and have it all setup so all you have to do is show up for your photo session.
- Add our hair and make-up services to your package and you will pampered and arrive ready to make this all about the memory and sweet moment of celebrating your baby turning one.
These sessions are a great way to create lasting memories that you can look back on for years to come. If you're looking for a special way to commemorate your child's milestones, let’s chat!
Maria Gloer Photography offers a full service experience providing classic and timeless newborn photography in the Nashville area. The studio is located in Hendersonville, TN. All studio sessions include access to the Client Closet, styling consultation + digital images and the option to purchase from an array of stunning artwork such as Heirloom prints and albums.